Yellow Split Pea Soupby Downsey
1 Hr 15 Min
1 Hr 35 Min
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used about 3 teaspoons of minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace (I left this out)
- 2 1/2 cups dried yellow split peas (green works great too!)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 8 frankfurters, sliced (or polish sasuage)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; cook to soften, but not brown, about 7 minutes.
- Mix in the mace and split peas. Stir in the stock; cover, and simmer for 1 hour, or until the peas are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir in frankfurters, and heat through.